Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

A tale of two S2600CW2SR servers

RSump1
New Contributor III

Built two identical servers today with S2600CW2SR boards (H12883-272) in P4304xxmuxx chassis. Dual 750W power supplies in each.
Dual processor (E5-2640 v3), one server has 64 GB RAM and the other 128 GB RAM.
Both servers have latest bios, both bios configured exactly the same.
Both servers loaded Server 2019 just fine, however in one server FAN 1 is always at full speed. There is nothing I can do to slow it down. Swapped fans, even swapped RAM, no difference. FAN 1, full speed.

What's the issue????

Thanks
Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RSump1
New Contributor III

Closing this as I received an RMA (04846874) for the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello RSump1,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Can you please provide us the BIOS version that you are currently running on the server that is giving you the problem?

Also, can you please let us know if the issue is happening on the server that has 128 GB of ram?

Finally, can you please provide us the part number of the memory that you are using?

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

Both boards have the latest firmware dated 09/25/2020, v01.01.1029 (System BIOS - 01.01.1029, ME Firmware - 03.01.03.072, BMC Firmware - 01.61.12390, FRUSDR - 01.15)
I have attached a picture of the ram.
Fan 1 is on high speed no matter what ram I install. I can swap ram between the boards and fan 1 is still on high speed while the other board is fine.

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

I wanted to add the PBA # and serial number.

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Rsump1,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We appreciate the additional information, did you check what are the current RPMS of the fan that is giving you problems?

As the first troubleshooting step, please follow the steps from this site:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008037/server-products/server-boards.html

For Intel® Server Chassis, see Loud Fan Issues Troubleshooting Wizard.

For non-Intel Server Chassis, try to manually select the fan speed during the FRU/SDR (Field Replaceable Unit/Sensor Data Record) upgrading progress. If the temperature sensor detects that the system is overheated, the system fan is forced to run at full speed.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

I've done everything possible and fan 1 still runs at high speed. I even swapped chassis and fan 1 is still high speed. I have cleared cmos, reset all connections to no avail. I will assume this board is defective. I attached a picture of the PBA and S/N, is this board under warranty?

Thanks, Ray

0 Kudos
RSump1
New Contributor III

Closing this as I received an RMA (04846874) for the board.

0 Kudos