Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Add disks on a RAID

Domingo
Beginner

I have a RAID controller RMSP3CD080F. It has 4 disks intel ssd but i need to enlarge it. 

how to add disks to the raid without losing the existent partition?

Thanks
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Domingo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. RAID level being used. 
  2. Which tool or software are you using to create/manage the array?
  3. Model of the Intel® SSD. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner

Hello Josue,

Actually the system have a RAID5 with 4 disks intel SSDSC2KB480G801. The RAID controller is RMSP3CD080F and the tool to configure the RAID is using Ctrl+G when the system is starting.

I want to upgrade this with 4 more disks with the same model SSDSC2KB480G801

Is there any software to manage the RAID on windows? 

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Domingo, 

Thank you for the information provided, please share with us a picture of the interface where you are configuring the arrays. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner

Sorry Josue, I have tried several times to enter the raid configuration tool but I have not been able to access the screen. 

I'll keep trying and as soon as I get in I'll send you the screens

Thanks

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Domingo, 

Don’t worry, we will wait for you to be able to get the information. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner
I've tried to enter the raid configuration and I can't. It is assumed that there is a moment in which you have to press Ctrl+G and access the configuration but the text to press the keys does not appear at any time. I have tried to remove the fast boot from the server bios but the text to press the keys still does not appear. can you help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Domingo, 

Have you tried to access the RAID configuration from the BIOS? Let me know if you are able to find it or if you remember if you are using Intel® VROC, ESRT2, or another RAID solution to create the array. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Domingo,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Domingo
Beginner
I'm sorry but I still haven't been able to access the raid configuration screen. I have tried many times but I can't get the screen to come out and I don't know what to do anymore. would it be possible to install a utility in windows to be able to see the raid configuration?

Thanks a lot for your patience 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Domingo,

In order to access the RAID configuration with your controller, BIOS needs to be in UEFI mode.

Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup. Navigate to Advanced -> PCI Configuration -> UEFI Option ROM Control. Under Storage Controller, select the Intel RAID Controller you want to configure.

Let me know if you are able to access it.

Regards,

Josue O.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Domingo,

Thank you for your response.

I understand you haven’t been able to complete the array expansion because you don’t have access to the utility that was used to create the array; however, as previously mentioned, the way you can access the array based on the RAID controller that you have is by pressing F2 to enter BIOS Setup and then navigate by following this path: Advanced -> PCI Configuration -> UEFI Option Rom Control. Under the Storage Controller section, you should be able to select the Intel RAID Controller you want to configure. If your BIOS is configured in Legacy mode, you will have to change it to UEFI since the controller that you have does not support it; therefore, it is understandable that the Ctrl+G command is not working.

Additionally, you mentioned that you wanted a utility for windows so you could see the RAID configuration, in this case, we do have one compatible with your controller and you can find it in the link below, in order to install it you can use the reference links below.

Intel® RAID Web Console 3 (RWC3) for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19041/intel-raid-web-console-3-rwc3-for-windows.html?wapkw=Intel%20RWC3

Intel® RAID Web Console 3 Installation Guide

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031764/server-products/sasraid.html

Important note: Please have into consideration that any changes made to an array have the possibility of causing data loss; therefore, before doing any changes to the actual array, you might want to have a complete backup of your data.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Domingo,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Domingo,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos