Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Another GPU for server motherboard.

IFiks
Beginner

I have P4304CR2LFJN (with W2600CR2 board). This board contains only slow matrox GPU. I tried to insert GTX 660, but I was not able to use this videocard for video output and CUDA calculations. Is this server board can use only proffesional cards (for example, Quadro). Any advices?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AChan85
New Contributor I

FiksII wrote:

I have P4304CR2LFJN (with W2600CR2 board). This board contains only slow matrox GPU. I tried to insert GTX 660, but I was not able to use this videocard for video output and CUDA calculations. Is this server board can use only proffesional cards (for example, Quadro). Any advices?

What error message did you get?

0 Kudos
IFiks
Beginner

There is no error. Simple, monitor has no video signal from nonnative GPU.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Which PCIe Slot are you using, and how many processors do you have installed? The reason I asked is that some PCIe slots are routed through the second processor.

Go ahead and update the BIOS to the most recent version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24614/Intel-Server-Board-S2600IP-and-Intel-Workstation-Board-W2600CR-Firmware-Update-Package-for-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-EFI- 02.04.0003 if you are able to get video through the onboard solution.

Feel free to add a summary or screenshot of the video settings in BIOS.

0 Kudos
IFiks
Beginner

My apologize for late answer.

David, thank you. The problem solved when I've changed this setting parameter.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Could you provide us with more detail information about the error or the failure when using this video card?

It is true that we have not validated that video card with our system. Intel always recommends using validated components to avoid unforeseen issues.

0 Kudos