Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

Any news on the DX58SO2 motherboard?

idata
Community Manager

If anyone knows anything about its release it would be very helpful. I can't finish to understand why there isn't an Intel motherboard that supports and use the i7 total potencial. I don't understand why the processor can use up to 24 GB of RAM and there is no Intel board for this.

Also, if anyone knows if I can use an i7 processor on an Intel server motherboard please let me know. I think it isnt' that crazy to put an i7-950 or i7-960 on a server board to be able to run those 24 GB of memory.

I saw the Xeon W3550 is the same processor than i7-950 (plus ECC memory support) but couldn't find any compatible motherboard for that processor.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

No one?

idata
Community Manager

All new Intel boards are push back Q1/2011 including the DX58SO2. I assume that they will be available my mid to late January.....

All information are extracted fror intel_dtb_mini-matrix_q4_2010.pdf document.

idata
Community Manager

Hi fsofos, thanks for your reply. It would be great if you could point me to that PDF, I can't find it using Intel's search engine.

Thanks again!

idata
Community Manager