Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Anyone used eUSB option in MFS2600KI?

idata
Employee

I have found very little information from others who have made use of the new eUSB option in the MFS2600KI compute module for the Intel modular server. Specifically I've been looking for anyone who may have used it for VMWare ESX installation and what their experience has been, what hardware they selected, and any issues they may have experienced.

Anyone who has some insight on their own, or can point me to information I haven't been able to uncover online would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

What brand \ part number eUSB are you using?

I had an issue on a newer revesion eUSB device. (different motherboard, same generation)

The newer device did not come up in set-up with the correct vendor ID information. (hardware compatability issue.)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I haven't actually purchased any eUSB devices yet for the MFS2600KI board since Intel hasn't released any tested devices in the HCL for this compute module. I am assuming that some devices that meet the specs would work, but have been hoping to see something official from Intel before I invest the money.

Jason

0 Kudos