Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Audio Drivers bugged and can't boot in to windows after updation

Vimal
Beginner

I recently tried to update my Realtek audio drivers and my dell laptop couldn't boot up after that.

After some tries Windows automatic repair showed a 0x00000185 and the info was "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed".

Then I finally disabled audio in my bios settings and thank God, that worked and the device booted up. But as you guessed, there is no audio now and there is no audio drivers showing in the Device manager. So I don't know what to do. I haven't even turned off pc after this.

Help please. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Vimal

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some audio issues on a DELL* Computer with the built-in Realtek* Audio device.

Depending on your operating system, Intel® might have generic versions of drivers for general purposes, for instance, graphics, wireless, etc. However, we neither offer nor develop Realtek* audio drivers for third-party systems. Your laptop manufacturer may alter features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the driver.

In this scenario, the best thing to do is to contact your computer manufacturer (OEM) DELL* for the latest system-specific updates, drivers, and technical support information. This is since they are the ones that handle all the technical documentation about your system, design, features, BIOS settings, etc; and they are the ones that should be able to provide you with the proper (Realtek) drivers for your system. Despite many different companies manufacture, sell, and support Intel® processor-based systems and devices, the OEM is the best resource for support inquiries, updated drivers, and solutions to common problems.

Having said that, we recommend addressing this issue to DELL* for proper assistance and we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our end. For your convenience, here is the link to DELL* Support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos