Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

BIOS error 4F on Intel S2600CW2R.

zerbatin
Beginner

Does anyone have bios dump ".bin" file for S2600CW2R?

I have tried everything

- change RAM

- change CPU

- turn off everything besides CPU and RAM

- change PSU

- tried to update BIOS

but 4F error persist.

I can not update BIOS because no USB is working, so I can not put USB stick and run update procedure. PCI-e to USB also not working. System is not booting, can not get into BIOS at all, hanging on 4F error all the time. There are no errors of RAM or CPU. After checking those two components (and other I think) board hungs up.

0x4F DEX IPL Started

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Intel does not provide .bin files. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
zerbatin
Beginner
Maybe someone on this community has one and will provide...
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello zerbatin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to help you can you please provide the following:

1. Are you using an Intel chassis or a third-party chassis? Can you please provide the exact model?
  2. Have you tried to clear the CMOS or complete a BIOS recovery?
  3. Are you using one or two processors? Can you please provide the exact model?
  4. Have you tried the system with minimal configuration (1 stick of RAM, 1 CPU, and 1 PSU)?
  5. Please provide the exact model of memory that you have installed, the amount of DIMMs being used, and the DIMM population you currently have.
  6. Was the system working properly before? If yes, were there any hardware or software changes that might have caused this problem?
  7. Was the baseboard management controller (BMC) configured? If yes, do you have access to it? If yes, please provide the SEL logs. These logs can be extracted by going to BMC Console > Server Health > Event Log > Save Event Log.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
zerbatin
Beginner

Hi Victor,

Thank you for reply. My answers are:

1. I am using 3rd party chassis - Corsair Obsidian 850D, but board was also in CoolerMaster ST01C and outside any chassis.

2. Yes, I have tried both solutions.

3. I am using 2 processors, but also tried running with one. I have two Xeon 2650v3 (not EE, ES), and I am using them all the time (with other board). I've also tried using Xeon 2667v4 (not EE, ES).

4. Yes, I have tried all solutions that you mentioned.

5. a) with xeon 2667v4 I have tried one stick 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-10 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH TD AB 1551

b) with two xeons 2650v3 I have tried

- two sticks 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133T-RA0-10 HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF TD AA 1519

- two sticks 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RBB-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1II 1613

c) with one xeon 2650v3 I have used

- two sticks as well as one stick 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133T-RA0-10 HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF TD AA 1519

- two sticks as well as one stick 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RBB-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1II 1613

- one stick 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF TD AA 1519

6. No, it is new board (I bought it as new, but can not return).

7. I can not get into BMC, If I could I would have managed.

Best regards,

Jakub L.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello zerbatin,

After checking the components you are using, the RAM and processors show up as compatible under the

https://servertools.intel.com/sct/compatibility-tool/S2600CW

About the 3rd party chassis, you want to confirm the compatibility directly with the chassis OEM

You stated no USB ports are working, so there might be some actual hardware failure on this board. Probably you want to check its current warranty status on this Intel URL: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US

If the board is still under warranty, Intel should be able to get it replaced

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello zerbatin,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
zerbatin
Beginner
Hi Victor,
Yhank you for reply. As I wrote in my first post I need a dump of BIOS from another motherboard (made with ch341a and clip or any other chip programmer, in "*.bin file 16MB) BIOS is corrupted and that is why my motherboard will not boot properly.

The chassis is not the problem, as well as other components, just corrupted BIOS.

It is not udnder warranty because someone pealed off the stickers.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@zerbatin 

And, using a bin file for your board steals the idenity of another board.  It is wrong to do this.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello zerbatin,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, from our end, there is no more assistance that can be provided based on your situation. We wish you the best of luck with your system. Please bear in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored. In case you need anything else from our end in the future don’t hesitate to create a new thread.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos