Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

BMC is in FW Transfer Mode

I was trying to update the BIOS on my S3210SH. I was using the latest build of flashupdt for Windows and I downloaded the latest firmware from the website. The release info is:

BIOS : S3200X38.86B.00.00.0049 Build Date : Jun 16, 2009

BMC : 35

FRUSDR : 14

After doing flashupdt -u flashupdt.cfg I was prompted to select my chassis type and a few options about the fans. After this the program exited with no error code. I tried doing flashupdt -i to see if the update was applied but I get an error "BMC is in FW Transfer Mode". The system boots fine, but even after a cold boot I get the same error. I have jumper J1B1 (BMC FRC) on pins 2&3 and it still won't update.

How do I get this error to go away and then get the BIOS updated?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I've seen that happen with certain backplanes or add-in cards. Try disconnecting all peripherals, then the BMC should be able to complete fine

idata
Community Manager

I don't have any drive backplanes, and I pulled all of the cards from the slots, but that didn't help. Thank you for your suggestion though. I appreciate the help.

I actually posted my problem twice by mistake and I have another question open for the same problem. I didn't realize the moderators might take so long to approve the post and I thought something went wrong, so I submitted it again. The other question is "S3210SHLC BIOS Update Problem".

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

unfortunately I have got the same error message with an S5000XVN-board.

I previously was trying to do the update via a dos boot stick, getting "error 005".

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=Ci4HO3kMAA&search=funnily&trestr=0x8004 Funnily enough this 005-error also pointed to some additional management interfaces - that I do not have.

Also no other add-in-cards - not even video (connected remotely to the system).

Any help would be very very appreciated...

tia

So long,

Marco

idata
Community Manager

Ciao, ho il tuo stesso problema, hai poi risolto?

Hello, I have the same problem, have You solved?

GG

idata
Community Manager

Hello giginhq,

the board was exchanged with a brandnew one meanwhile by my seller.

There was no way to fix the issue with the previous board.

Good luck

goldrush