Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Cabling between Power Distribution Board and Power Board Node

Ianous
Novice

Hi All,

Just got hold of an Intel Xeon Phi 7250 which I'm looking at putting on a S7200AP motherboard. To power it up I was looking at getting the FXX1600PCRPS connected with Power Distribution Board (FXXCRPSPDB). There is also a Power Board Node (FH2000NPBAP) which inputs the power to the motherboard. My question is how does the Power Distribution Board connects to the Power Board Node. I can see that the output from FXXCRPSPDB is 18 pin however the power input socket on FH2000NPBAP is (as per description from one of the guides) a 6 pin upper blade and 6 pin lower blade. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Are there other parts in between or is it just simply a cable to connect the two and if so please advise of the cable part number or link to that cable which I am after. Thank you, Ian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ianous
Novice

Hello Jose,

Thank you again for your response. Much appreciated. It is all clear now after reviewing the docs in more detail. Unfortunately I have not been able to find someone who is selling the bridge board. So it looks like I will have to abandon the idea Thanks again for your help. Happy Easter.

Ian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Ianous,

Thank you for joining the community

Take into consideration that the Xeon Phi 7250 is currently End of Interactive Support thus no interactions are been handled anymore.

About the S7200AP board, this needs to be installed on a HNS7200AP node chassis, which needs to be inserted into a H2000XXLR2 server chassis in order to be powered on.

For more details you can look at the following Configuration Guide for its different variants: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/s7200ap-configuration-guide.pdf#page=8

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Ianous
Novice

Hi Jose,

Thanks very much for the response. Much appreciated! After reading up a bit more, it is starting to make more sense. If you don't mind me asking one more question. I basically am able to get chassis H2204XXLRE which can handle 4 compute modules, however I am unable to get the HNS7200AP node chassis which you have mentioned. So I am wondering if I can simply plug the node power board HN2000NPBAP directly into the H2204XXLRE and power the motherboard that way.  Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Ianous,

I am glad to be helpful. What you ask is not possible since there is a bridge board that connects between the H2204XXLRE chassis to the board.

"To enable the board to be hot swapped, power control, PCH SATA disk and BMC management signals are routed from the baseboard through the bridge board and delivered to the chassis backplane." https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S7200AP_HNS7200AP_TPS.pdf#page=59

Been said that, it is also a not supported and potentially dangerous configuration to connect an non-insulated board to a power source.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Ianous
Novice

Hello Jose,

Thank you again for your response. Much appreciated. It is all clear now after reviewing the docs in more detail. Unfortunately I have not been able to find someone who is selling the bridge board. So it looks like I will have to abandon the idea Thanks again for your help. Happy Easter.

Ian

0 Kudos
Ianous
Novice
Hello Jose,

Hope you had an enjoyable Easter. I have one more question if you don’t mind. Basically I did a comparison between bridge boards for HNS7200AP and HNS2600WP, ie. FHWAPBGB and FHWJFWPBGB. Basically they both have the same shape and 2 x 40 pin configuration with the same signal on each pin. The only difference I can see is that bridge board FHWJFWPBGB has additional USB 2.0 port, 2 pin 5V_AUX power, and an AHCI SATA connector which probably (as per document) relates to “The fifth SAS connection was added to suport a Raid 5 + hot spare configuration. This drives the addition of a second set of SGPIO pins.”

Theoretically considering that they are close to identical and that I will not be using the additional features on bridge board FHWJFWPBGB, do you think it could work on the HNS7200AP motherboard.

Thank you,
Ian
0 Kudos