Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Can I use the riser slot 2 in a S2600TP board for any PCIe card?

JVane
Beginner

I have a server with an S2600TP board and I have been testing trying to use the riser 2 slot for an additional PCIe card. I have tried using the riser from the AXXKPTPMIOM PCI Express rIOM kit, but if I connect any card that is PCI x16 the system will not power up (LED lights in the front and back turn amber and it beeps). If I put in just the empty carrier board (x8), the server boots fine. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Vanegasj,

I was reviewing this issue that you have been facing and I would like to provide you the compatible motherboards with the riser card (AXXKPTPMIOM PCI Express rIOM kit).

According to the information provided above your Intel® Server Board S2600TP is not in the list of comparable products with the Riser Card.

Best Regards,

Emeth X
0 Kudos
JVane
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, but it dit not answer my question. If I were to use the compatible card AXXKPTPM2IOM, would I be able to use the riser card with any PCIe x16 card or is it only compatible with the rIOM carrier board/ I/O module?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vanegasj,

Correct, if you use The AXXKPTPMIOM Rise Card, you will have the possibility to use any PCIe x16 card, of course it will be very important to make sure that the PCIe Card that you are going to use is comparable with your server system.

Best Regards,

Emeth X
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vanegasj,

I would like to know if you still need more information related to this case. If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vanegasj,

I was reviewing your case and I did not received any outcome from your end. If you will need more information do not hesitate and contact us.

Best Regards,

Emeth X.

0 Kudos
JVane
Beginner

Hello,

I acquired the compatible part AXXKPTPM2IOM and I get the same behavior as before. If I try to connect any PCIe device other than the IOM carrier on the PCIe x16 slot from riser 2, the machine will not boot up and the amber lights come on with a beeping noise. I tested this with a infiniband card that works correctly on the other PCIe slot on riser 1. It seems to me that the motherboard will not boot if it doesn't recognize the device on riser 2 as the IOM carrier. Is there some setting in the bios that could be affecting this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vanegasj,

I was checking the information of the case and I found the following information:

The M.2 device installation is only supported on non-InfiniBand.

By any chance did you already tested the AXXKPTPM2IOM using a different PCIe component(Non-infiniband)?

Best Regards,

Emeth X.

0 Kudos
JVane
Beginner

The board (S2600TP) does not have built-in infiniband, it's an add-on PCIe card. I also tried with other PCIe components and it did not work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Could you please so kind and provide us the other PCIe components that you used in order to test the Riser Card?

Also, in which slot are you using the Riser Card? Riser Slot 1 or Riser Slot 2?

Please, provide us more information about the reason of this configuration that you are trying to performed.

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I am following your case in order to make sure if you still need more assistance about this. If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I am wondering if you have any other question in order to assist you with?

Best Regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hello,

Per TPS:

"

All riser slots are defined specially for dedicated risers only. Plugging in a normal PCIe riser

or PCIe add-in card directly causes danger and may burn out the add-in riser or card."

Moreover, mechanically, riser 2 has no support for PCIE's low profile bracket, so it's impossible.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am reviewing the issue which you are actually mentioned in your post, I also face the same issue, after that, I take a help of https://hpsupports.co/hp-customer-support/ https://hpsupports.co/hp-customer-support/ to solve out the issue properly, If you are interested you can take a help of this site to solve the issue easily.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you so much for your information and feedback provided. Any other question, let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos