Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Can one use (install) two of FUP8X25S3NVDK in ONE P4304XXMUXX?

TSchn9
Beginner

Can one use (install) two of FUP8X25S3NVDK in ONE P4304XXMUXX?

E.G. by using a Broadcom MEGARAID 9460-8I

If yes, will there be 4, 8, 16 nvme ssd usable?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Thomas,

The Intel® Server Chassis P4304XXMUXX has enough space to support 2 Hot-swap Backplane PCIe Combination Drive Cage Kit for P4000 Server Chassis FUP8X25S3NVDK; however, the Intel® Server Board S2600CW Family is limited to support only one combo backplane kit in addition to one or two other backplane options.

The boards support a maximum of 4 NVMe drives only.

The https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_P4000G_Configuration_Guide_rev2_3.pdf Intel® Server S2600CW Product Family Configuration Guide and Spares/Accessories List, section 3.2.7, page 24 gives more details about 16 x 2.5" configuration options.

I hope my answer solves your question; feel free to reply if you have any other question.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thomas,

I was wondering if you still need assistance from my side on your last request.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Thomas,

The Intel® Server Chassis P4304XXMUXX has enough space to support 2 Hot-swap Backplane PCIe Combination Drive Cage Kit for P4000 Server Chassis FUP8X25S3NVDK; however, the Intel® Server Board S2600CW Family is limited to support only one combo backplane kit in addition to one or two other backplane options.

I am following-up your post. Please tell me if you need anything else.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos