Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Can one use (install) two of FUP8X25S3NVDK in ONE P4304XXMUXX?

TSchn9
Beginner

Can one use (install) two of FUP8X25S3NVDK in ONE P4304XXMUXX?

E.G. by using a Broadcom MEGARAID 9460-8I

If yes, will there be 4, 8, 16 nvme ssd usable?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

The Intel® Server Chassis P4304XXMUXX has enough space to support 2 Hot-swap Backplane PCIe Combination Drive Cage Kit for P4000 Server Chassis FUP8X25S3NVDK; however, the Intel® Server Board S2600CW Family is limited to support only one combo backplane kit in addition to one or two other backplane options.

The boards support a maximum of 4 NVMe drives only.

The https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_P400... Intel® Server S2600CW Product Family Configuration Guide and Spares/Accessories List, section 3.2.7, page 24 gives more details about 16 x 2.5" configuration options.

I hope my answer solves your question; feel free to reply if you have any other question.

Regards,

Miguel C
idata
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

I was wondering if you still need assistance from my side on your last request.

Regards,

Mike C
idata
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

The Intel® Server Chassis P4304XXMUXX has enough space to support 2 Hot-swap Backplane PCIe Combination Drive Cage Kit for P4000 Server Chassis FUP8X25S3NVDK; however, the Intel® Server Board S2600CW Family is limited to support only one combo backplane kit in addition to one or two other backplane options.

I am following-up your post. Please tell me if you need anything else.

Regards,

Miguel C