Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Can't boot via RMM virtual media

Michael_S_Intel
Employee

I have S2600WT servers with the latest BIOS and a RMM4LITE installed and get grey hairs trying to boot via virtual media, either USB images or ISOs. I can access the drives from a booted system but BIOS doesn't seem to recognize the devices reliably. Bizarrely, I did manage to access the devices iff i have a real bootable USB stick on the machines but not without, at least not reliably. In the java console i also note some java.nio.BufferOverflowException triggered by classes from com.ami.iusb.protocol packages which seem to be correlated with boots. Makes me wonder whether it is related that my network to the RMM is a bit sluggish.

In any case, anybody else having seen similar problems? Is there any new version of JViewer which might not inhibit that exception? Or is it maybe a java compatability problem (although i tried with OpenJDK/IceTEA 7 on Linux and Sun JDK8 on Windows and had problems with both). Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks!

-michael-

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Michael,

In order to use the Remote Console window of your managed server, Java Runtime Environment* (JRE*) Version 6 Update 22 or higher must be installed.

What browser do you use? Have you tried different ones?

Here in the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/intel_rmm4_ibwc_userguide_r2_72.pdf RMM4 User Guide you will find useful information.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
0 Kudos
Michael_S_Intel
Employee

I run with Oracle Java 1.8.0_75 and IE11 as well as with OpenJDK 7u96 with IcedTea 2.6.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 with firefox. So the JRE version should be all satisfied yet i still got this NIO exception.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Michael,

For further assistance on your inquiry please contact our support directly:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Server Support

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
0 Kudos