Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Can't connect to BMC S5500BC serverboard

SBudy
Beginner

Hi.

Suddenly received S5500BC from ebay for my ESXi home lab.

It came with two Xeon E5506, i removed them and put one E5649 into first cpu socket.

Although i put two 2Gb DDR3 ECC non Registered DIMMs into first and second memory slot.

I connect 2 NICs to my work network, in bios, in BMC settings i set to receive ip by DHCP.

After reboot i saw that ip is received, but i can't connect to BMC in Chrome, Safari or IE.

As i remember from configuration S1200BTL - without RMM i can access to web page where i can check my hardware status and other, does this board have this, or i lost my time?)

After that i update Bios, EFI, BMC to the latest version, nothing changes. I can saw server in my network, it receive packages, but i can't connect to it.

I tried to config BMC by Deployment Assistant, it saw only one (second) NIC and by configure with utility i had the same result...

Is any ideas?

RMM module isn't instaled.

Memory, CPU & PSU were perfectly working with old board.

No errors on boot.

System BIOS - 64

BMC Firmware - 00.61

ME Firmware - 1.12

FRUSDR - 22

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

The board you are looking support for is discontinued but as long as you have the latest firmware update you should be able to configure the BMC in the BIOS successfully. Apparently the board you have is defective so we suggest replacing it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The board you are looking support for is discontinued but as long as you have the latest firmware update you should be able to configure the BMC in the BIOS successfully. Apparently the board you have is defective so we suggest replacing it.

0 Kudos
SBudy
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

That was my mistake, i work only with boars s1200 or newer series, where without RMM i can use embended web server to control board.

But by reading manuals for S5500BC->BMC->ARF i discovered that this board without RMM didn't have web server page

All was simple

0 Kudos