Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Can you use an DPS-830AB power supply in a 5300 BRP Case instead of the DPS-730AB?

TFitz2
Novice

Can you use an DPS-830AB power supply in a 5300 BRP Case instead of the DPS-730AB?

They look the same and the only difference I can find is one is 100 Watts bigger.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TFitz2
Novice

Received the two DPS830 power supplies in today. I first just installing one in the server with a DPS-730 and the server did not really want to boot up. Pulled the 730 out and it booted up just fine with the 830 so I added the 2nd 830 and added the 730 to the other server. All is working just fine.

Guess the answer is Yes it will work but you can not mix the two.

Hope this helps someone in the feature.

Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AChan85
New Contributor I

Sure, give it a try. Some of the servers come with 400 W PS...

0 Kudos
TFitz2
Novice

Thank you for the answers, I have ordered a couple of the 830 of eBay so we will see what is the right answer in a few days.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I was checking our records and I could not find reference of using an 830W power supply in a SC5300BRP chassis.

The link provided earlier makes reference of the SC5400 Series chassis. I believe it should work but again, we do not have enough information to tell whether it is going to work or not.

We would appreciate if you can share the results of this for future reference.

TFitz2
Novice

Received the two DPS830 power supplies in today. I first just installing one in the server with a DPS-730 and the server did not really want to boot up. Pulled the 730 out and it booted up just fine with the 830 so I added the 2nd 830 and added the 730 to the other server. All is working just fine.

Guess the answer is Yes it will work but you can not mix the two.

Hope this helps someone in the feature.

Tim