Dear All, I have 10 server using Intel ServerBoard S2600CP2 Board, I've been confused dealing with VMWare ESXi 5.x Installation. Its been 2 weeks since I decided to build Server using S2600CP2 and 2 x E5-2620, but I found a dead end with ESXi Installation. Unfortunately, I've bought 10 RKSAS8R5 for upgrading my SAS Capability, and it didn't work with ESXi. I try to use both ESRT-2 and RSTe, but no driver could detect the RAID Controller. My question:
1. Is there any fit driver for ESXi 5.x?
2. How could I maximize using Virtual Machine, especially with VMWare ESXi 5.x? Or, does anything VM Program outside VMWare?
3. I try to unplug the RKSAS8R5 from the SATA/SAS, and then, my all system is still detected the SAS HDD. Is the RKSAS8R5 one time plug for all system, or just one system?
Thank you for your attention and answer.
- Unfortunately according to the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-033235.htm Operating System Compatibility, Installing VMware* ESXi 5.x, ESXi 4.x, ESX 4.x to ESRT2 RAID or RSTe RAID is not supported.
- I don't think I understand your question.
- One key for one system. Seems it's related to http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-033407.htm TA-996: Intel® RAID C600 upgrade key replacement issue.
Thank you for your answer. For Question number 2, I mean, is there any Virtualization Program beside VMWare that compatible with ESRT2? And again, I can't install CEntOS 5.8 in ESRT2, is there something missing in the driver?
Thank you for your answer.
Cent OS is not tested on S2600CP, but RHEL 5.8 is. So you may try to use the RHEL driver. However there are some restrictions:
RAID 5 is not supported on XEN.
To use SCU controller in LSI Raid Mode
- Provide the command "Linux dd blacklist=isci"
For more details see the readme files in the driver package.