Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Chassis Identity Light

ATrue
Beginner

Is it possible to control the chassis identity light from the front panel header in order to make it a appear solid? In effect I would like to be able to use this light to essentially 'beep' out a code as output by our application software. Our host OS is Debian 8, motherboard is an S2600CW2R.

I know that 'ipmi-chassis --chassis-identify=FORCE' (and '=TURN-OFF') can be used to flash the LED indefinetly, but this is at a 1Hz on/off instead of a steady light.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you are looking to change or control the chassis identity LED for the front panel chassis to be solid LED.

I will go ahead and investigate if it is possible on the Intel(R) Server Board S2600CW2R and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Adrian,

Can you please indicate the chassis you are using with this Intel(R) Server Board? Is it Intel's or a third party?

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
ATrue
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

It's a third party chassis

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for you quick response.

I will investigate and get back with you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Adrian,

I'm still investigating about this issue.

In an effort to better assist you, can you please indicate the third party chassis brand and model? Also, can you please indicate how many systems are you planning to configure like that?

Best regards,

Jeremiah A,

0 Kudos
ATrue
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

It's a custom designed ruggedised chassis for marine applications, but it does utilise a AP4000E3V5PDB with compatible power supply unit for system power. Currently we are only planning to use this setup on this one system as a technology demonstrator, but might find it useful to implement on future systems if we're happy with result.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your quick response.

I will continue investigating on this and get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrian,

I hope you are doing well today.

I apologize for my late response.

I did send your inquiry to our engineering department and this is what they informed:

Pin 6 on the front panel header is the one in charge of the blue LED activity.

I am not sure if this can be managed to remain on and give the functionality customer would like to give to that LED.

Information on the front panel pin-out is on the Technical Product Specification (TPS) for the server board:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_TPS_Rev2_4.pdf.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_TPS_Rev2_4.pdf.pdf

If you have any question, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Adrian,

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided helped or if there is something else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrian,

Just following up to see if the information provide helped or if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Adrian,

I haven't heard back from you in regards to this case.

I will proceed in closing this case. If you require more assistance with this case do not hesitate in reopening the case.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos