Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

Chassis P4304XXMUXX with S2600CW2R is suddenly shutting down

VPara1
Beginner

Dear Intel Support,

My system has following configuration: Mainboard S2600CW2R, Chassis P4304XXMUXX with two PSUs FXX750PCRPS, two CPUs Xeon E5-2637V4, Memory 8 modules each 16GB, one SSD DC S3520 Series 480GB, one HDD Seagate 3.5" 8TB ST8000NM0045 and Graphic Card ASUS GTX 1080 Ti.

OS: Windows 10 Pro. All firmware was initially updated to the newest version.

System works properly, passes all tests, OS boots and runs OK.

When starts 3D modelling software Bentley Context Capture and Graphic Card is in full load, system is suddenly shutting down with beep code 1-5-4-2.

PSUs are in FULLY_REDUNDANT state.

Looks like insufficient PSU resources.

"S2600CW_H56450_P4304XXMXXX_power budget_tool R1.1" tells that there is enough PSU resources: System Totals: 647W; Power Supply Limits: 750W.

Could you please advise me what the possible cause of system shut down and which actions to be taken to resolve situation?

Maybe to set PSUs in NON_REDUNDANT state to gain available power resources?

But I've found none information in a lot of manuals available how can I make it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

I understand that your Intel system configured with two CPUs Xeon E5-2637V4, Memory: 8 modules each 16GB, one SSD DC S3520 Series 480GB, one HDD Seagate 3.5" 8TB ST8000NM0045 and Graphic Card ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, and two 750watts power supplies will suddenly shutdown with beep code 1-5-4-2. This happens when the 3D modeling software Bentley Context Capture and Graphic Card is in full load.

The beep codes 1-5-4-2 corresponds to power fault: DC power is unexpectedly lost (power good dropout).

Be aware that even when the system is using 2 750watts power supplies they are running in redundant mode. Each power supply is capable of powering the entire computer, but only one runs at a time. If one fails, the other power supply starts running to keep the computer powered up; said this, looks like the system is experiencing lack of power when the graphics card is fully loaded. I suggest using a higher wattage power supply. This chassis is capable of using up to 1600w power supply. Please try this and let me know your results.

I hope this information helps clarify the issue.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support.

VPara1
Beginner

Dear Jeremiah,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have already ordered two 1600W PSUs to replace existing 750W PSUs.

But it will take at least 4 weeks as they will be delivered to me.

I need help with increasing output power with existing 750W PSUs.

Is it possible to switch PSUs from Redundant mode to non-Redundant to add up power of both PSUs and to increase output?

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Thank you for your quick response.

The solution that this system provides is redundancy and for non_redundancy will be using single power supply; it does not offer the option to merge both PSU into one high power unit. At this point the best way to go is upgrading the power supply to 1600watts PSU.

Best Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support

0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Dear Jeremiah,

Thank you for your explanation.

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

More than glad to assist you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you today.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if there is anything else that we can help you with, or if we can proceed in closing this case.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support

0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

I am waiting for the arrival of 1600watts PSUs to check if the replacement of PSUs will help to solve the problem with insufficient power resources.

After that I will let you know results.

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Please keep me posted and we will continue from there.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

I'm following up with you to see if you already received the new power supplies, and if the same solved the issue.

Please let us know your results.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support
0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

I am still waiting for 1600W PSUs delivery.

Another question has arised.

There is in Section 2.4.2.2 Output Wire Harness (Higher Current Common Redundant Power Distribution Board) of "Intel Server Chassis P4304XXMFEN2 / P4304XXMUXX TPS" description of connectors available on PDB.

Group of connectors P13 - P16 (no cable) described as "GFX card aux connectors".

Is it possible to order from Intel the cables to connect graphic card to that connectors?

I did not find such cables in "Spares / Accessories List and Configuration Guide".

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Let me investigate if there is a way for you to purchase this cable from Intel. I will get back to you as soon as possible with this information.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Is it possible for you to send us a picture of the connectors on the graphics card?.

Regards,

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel Technical Support
0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

My GTX1080TI graphics card has two identical connectors onboard.

Please find attached picture of a connector.

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

I checked about the cables to connect the graphic card to the connector, and what I found is the kit with part number: AUPMCOPROBR. This kit comes with the following:

Bracket for securing full length GPU cards to fan bulkhead, for use in P4000 chassis, includes 1 bracket, 2 GPGPU power cables, 2 Xeon PHI specific brackets and 5 screws for GPGPU fixture.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel®Technical Support

0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

Thank you for the information provided.

Looks like AUPMCOPROBR kit is exactly what I need.

I've already ordered it from distibutor.

Regards,

Valeriy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Valeriy ,

We hope the AUPMCOPROBR works fine for you. Please let us know your findings once you get it from the distributor.

Best regards,

CaesarB_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

Please let me know if there is something else I can help you with or if I can proceed in closing this case. If you need more assistance will be more than glad to help you.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
VPara1
Beginner

Hi Jeremiah,

I have at last received 1600W power supplies and installed them into the system instead of 750W PSUs.

After replacement of PSUs system works properly and without loss of power.

So the issue is solved.

Regarding AUPMCOPROBR option - this kit is definetly required for Chassis P4304XXMUXX if you plan to install into it full length and full height video card/cards.

The kit includes all brackets and cables required for installation of video card such as ASUS GTX 1080 Ti.

Thank you for your help and recomendations.

Regards,

Valeriy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valeriy,

I'm happy to hear that the information provided help. I will go now and close this case.

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

Regards,

0 Kudos