Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors

Chipset

joanev
Beginner

Hello. I have Asus ROG G703VXR. I am trying to find out if I can update my Chipset. I have today: W1064_V1011666. Whein I am surching for Chipset, I find only 30.0.101.1069 but this is the same as for Graphic. Is 30.0.101.1069 the Chipset I can update?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @joanev

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

No, the driver version 30.0.101.1069 (Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver) is a driver valid only for Graphics Controllers. You may review at the bottom of the download link the list of products for which the driver is valid.

Chipset would need a separate/specific package installer (a.k.a INF files). We only provide Chipset Software (e.g.: Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility, Intel® Management Engine, etc) for Intel® Desktop boards, Intel® Servers, and Intel® NUCs. For third-party systems, users should get the software and/or drivers directly from the computer manufacturer (OEM) as those are usually customized by the OEM to work on their specific systems and are available only through the official channels each OEM enables for this.

If you purchased a pre-built system or third-party motherboard, you will need to contact your manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information. We tried to search on the Internet to see if we could find chipset software or information for your system; however, when searching using "Asus ROG G703VXR" we are not able to find any result (only to similar ones like "G703GXR").

In this case, our recommendation is to contact ASUS* Support for proper support and assistance to download and install Chipset software for your computer.

Note: The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. Therefore, the recommendation is to use the OEM drivers as the first option.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this request now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
joanev
Beginner

Once again, thank you for your answer. I am greatful for that.

0 Kudos