Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Compatible

PTang2
Beginner

I bought a new server board S1200v3RPL and a i3 4170 cpu. and can't boot during setup. Is the components are compatible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, they are not compatible.

Look under "compatible products"

https://ark.intel.com/products/71384/Intel-Server-Board-S1200V3RPL Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL Product Specifications

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

Thank you for using Intel® community support.

In regards to the compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

The answer to your question is, they are not compatible; you can find the compatible processors using the link provided by Al Hill; open the page and select from the left menu in blue the option "Compatible Products"

Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL / Compatible Products

https://ark.intel.com/products/71384/Intel-Server-Board-S1200V3RPL

Al, thank you for the accurate answer and be part of our community.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

I was wondering if you have any additional question about the compatibility between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and I have not brought the right model (i3 4330/4350) yet as they are the old model in HK. I keep on find in the market in new few days and start the tril work at coming week. May be more question is coming.

Parry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

Thank you for your reply; if you have more doubts do not hesitate to send us a question.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
PTang2
Beginner

I brought a new i3 4150 which showed ok at intel comptable list but there still no screen and no response even i recover the default bios. Is there somrthing that I overlook? Please help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

In regards to the compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170.

Please send me the product model of the memories that you are using with the Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor.

If it is possible to send me the markings of the processor, they are on the top of the metal plate.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Here is my hardware system:

Server Board: INTEL S1200V3RPL

RAM: KINGSTON KVR16E11/81 8GB x2 PC3-12800E-11-11-E3

Processor: Intel i3-4150 Product Code: BXC80646I34150 Serial: UPNSXX3HOSN4

All component are confirmed to brand new without useage before. Pls help me to find out what causes the no display problem.

Parry

0 Kudos
PTang2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

In addition the processor mark:

SR1PJ 3.5GHZ

VIETNAM

X509B858

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

Compatibility concern between the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4170 and i3-4150.

Thank you for your update. I am really sorry for your inconvenience.

According to our documentation, the Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL is fully compatible with the processor i3-4150 and your ECC memories too.

Please allow me 48 hours or less to perform a lab with a similar configuration. We work with Xeon® processors on daily basis, so I want to confirm the compatibility and verify if we require a special configuration in the BIOS.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

No post with Intel® Server Board S1200V3RPL and Intel® Core™ i3-4150.

Thank you for waiting for my answer. I have performed the lab with the same configuration and no issues presented.

In this case, please send me the information below:

-PBA number of the server board

-Tell me if you get beeps without memory

-Have you ever tested this board with a Xeon® processor

I will be waiting for your results.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

I am wondering if you need further assistance on your last post.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Tctparry,

I am going to close this interaction since no further assistance is needed; however, please feel free to contact us back if you have additional questions or requests.

Also, you may receive an evaluation regarding this interaction, I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos