Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

Configuring Bypass mode in Intel pro/1000 PT quad port server adapter

idata
Employee

Hi,

Sorry, I've also posted this earlier in the general discussion. Didn't notice there is a another section for wired topics.

I've installed an Intel pro/1000 PT quad port server adapter on a Dell Vostro 220 machine running on linux ubuntu 10.04.

I would like to know how do I configure the bypass mode on the network card?

I've search for clues online as well as in the user guide but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Regards

Koh

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Are you using Intel pro 1000 PT (ExPI9400PT server adapter or Intel Quad port bypass server adapter (this one support bypass mode)

(http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=22191 http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=22191) ?

If it is expi9400PT , then I don't think it support bypass.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mashime,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using the intel pro/1000 pt quad port bypass adapter, EXPI9014PTBLK.

Can i ask as well what is the difference between PT and AT. This is because i did a check with "lspci -vvnn" to show the device connected and it state there AT instead of PT. The packaging I have with me states PT.

This is the result from lspci -vvnn:

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82571EB PRO/1000 AT Quad Port Bypass Adapter [8086:10a0] (rev 06)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation 82571EB PRO/1000 AT Quad Port Bypass Adapter [8086:10a0]

Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+

Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- SERR-   Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes

Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 32

Region 0: Memory at fe9e0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]

Region 1: Memory at fe9c0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]

Region 2: I/O ports at cc00 [size=32]

Expansion ROM at fe9a0000 [disabled] [size=128K]

Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2

Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)

Capabilities: [d0] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable+

Address: 00000000fee0100c Data: 4142

Capabilities: [e0] Express (v1) Endpoint, MSI 00

DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us<p>  ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE- FLReset-

DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported+

RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+

MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes

DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr+ FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-

LnkCap: Port # 2, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s, Latency L0 <4us, L1 <64us<p>  ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-

LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-

ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-

LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x4, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-

Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting <?>

Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 40-f5-f8-ff-ff-0c-0e-00

Kernel driver in use: e1000e

Kernel modules: e1000e
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

sorry, got no idea about the difference..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mashime,

But do you know how to configure the bypass mode?

0 Kudos
Douglas_B_Intel
Employee

This is Doug from the factory. The bypass functionality information on our bypass adapters are available via the premier.intel.com support service, or via the distributor or extended sales force team member that sold your organization the card. Bypass adapters were designed to be used by development partners and not for general end user use. As such the support model is unlike our normal adapters. If you don't have access to premier.intel.com and/or the company that got the card, please private e-mail me and I'll see what I can do for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi! I have the same problem, could you please help me? I bought the intel quad bypass, and I don´t find any information on the website. I want to use the device with a snort in Linux. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos