Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4899 Discussions

DDR5 Mode Register Read

HRuck
Beginner

Hello,

I am searching for a solution to do a DDR5 Mode Register Read on intel plattforms (Embedded processors preferred, but Server would also be a starting point). I have no idea about software, so i asked Chat GPT and it mentioned that this would be possible with IPP and Python. This lead me to this site and maybe somebody can give me some hint how to do this.

So if you would have a "out of the box" solution, this would be nice, but I do not expect this and would be happy just if I could get a hint where to start.

Maybe some server vendors have a solution, maybe some open source is available to do this.

So any hint and help is highly appreciated!

Hermann 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello HRuck,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Please allow us to check this internally with our team. You can be assured that we will keep you posted on any new development.

Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Thanks a lot!!! 

looking forward to any feedback on this one! 

Hermann 

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello HRuck,

I hope you are doing well.

With regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that there is a specific forum for the query that you have and with that, kindly be informed that we will now move this to the server forum as you wanted to obtain further information regarding DDR5 mode register read on servers so your concern can be answered more quickly.

Thank you for your kind understanding and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Thanks a lot! 

for Servers I could add and clarify my needs:

e. g. trying to get the information out of the DRAM what the DRAM internal ECC mechanism documente (so not the Controller external ECC) is stored in the Mode Registers, so a MRR (Mode Register Read) is required.

Same if you want to get the training/configuration result out of the DRAM for Vref(CA/DQ) and DFE equalizer settings. Both are trained during power up and the result is stored in the Mode Register and can be retrieved with a MRR.

For Post package repair there are MRW (ModeRegister Write) and Mode Register Read needed.

All of these are functions that require to send Mode Register Write/Read and this is want I want to achieve.. 

Thanks for any information.

Hermann 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hermann,

Please allow us some time to review the details and we will get back with an update shortly.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hermann,

Thank you reaching out intel community!

Since your request is related with a design for the embedded product. We request you to post your in Embedded Community link provided below.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Products/ct-p/embedded-products

As we redirected you to the embedded community, we are closing this request.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thanks & Regards

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Hello,

I do have the request for both Server (thats the reason why it was moved to this part) and Embedded. 

I see much more chances to start with a server, so please do not close this, but leave it open to find a solution on server.

I wanted to do one step after the other, but after your comment i will ask the same question on the embedded side. Thanks for the link.

Please check if you find any hint for server based Systems.

thanks a lot!

Hermann

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck,

Thank you for your update.

We are waiting for your respond, please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Not sure for for what resonse you are waiting ? 

and especiually if this is not monitored .. how would you see any response?

looking forward to any answer    

Hermann 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck,

Since issue related to DDR5 Mode Register Read validation with server and processor. You will receive a response from the embedded community.

Please confirm if we can close this request as we redirected you to another community forum.

Regards

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

am confused .. on top of this page there is mentioned this is a forum for server products. 

So it seems, that for any server related platform this is the correct forum.

So why redirecting this request to an embedded forum? 

Hermann 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hermann

Please allow us some time to review the details and we will get back with an update shortly.

Regards

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Hermann

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck,

Since your query related to design, we are redirecting to the embedded community forum.

Please confirm if we can close this request as we redirected you to another community forum.

Regards

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck,

Greetings for the day! 

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Hello, 

i am confused again .. beside a 

There was not response from your side .. 

Guess i need to open a new thread with the same topic if this will not be longer monitored.. 

Hemrann 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck,

Greetings for the day! 

Thank you for your update, we will wait for your response.

Best Regards,

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello HRuck ,

Greetings for the day! 

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups.

Best Regards,

Manoranjan Das

0 Kudos