Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Dear support team, we need "driver" CIM provider for AXXRMM4LITE2 for ESXi 6.7 U1 and above. Where we can find it. Thank you.

PJaks
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

Thank you for joining the community

I am not sure if such driver exist since is usually not listed within the server board downloads list. It could be a security concern to allow a management port to be handled by the OS but it could also be an advantage feature though. Could you tell what server model do you have?

In the meantime I will research on this and will update you as soon as I get something.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
PJaks
Beginner

Thx Jose,

server model is LWF1208YR542500 based on S2600WFT board serial number is BQF990800044.

As I see on vm ware hardware compatibility list, other vendors like Lenovo etc. have up to date CIM provider for ESXi 6.7 U1, U2, U3.

When you list for Intel system you will see that only CIM provider is for ESXi 6.0 and there is no newer version.

Please checki will it be new update for CIM provider for ESXI latest editon 6.7 U1, U2, U3.

thank you.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

Let me research on this and I will be updating you as soon as I get something.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

Could you please attach the link for this CIM provider for ESXi 6.0?

Usually there is no driver for RMM4, for no OS.

The RMM4 is basically an extension of the BMC (no driver required either).

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

Thanks for taking the time to share the links from VMware. Probably the reason why this CIM provider driver for Intel are not as up to date as the Lenovo ones is because the responsibility to gather and post these drivers is from VMware. Intel provides the drivers (when available) to VMware directly and they are the ones who share them. Intel does not provide drivers for any VMware related application or software since a while ago to prevent functionality conflict issues.

I think you could try to contact VMware support and ask them if they have an updated driver version available.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PJaks,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos