Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Debian Stretch could not find RS2WC040 virtual disk

omann
Beginner

I'm running Proxmox VE 3.4 (based on Debian Wheezy) on a server with RS2WC040 RAID controller.

Trying to install Proxmox VE 5.2 (based on Debian Stretch), installation process shows "The installer could not find a supported hard disk".

So I tried to directly install Debian Stretch, using different offical and non-free iso.

In all cases installation process show "no disk drive was detected" message (even selecting megaraid_sas - and some others - when asked to try a specific driver).

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Orso,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

I understand that you are able to Install Linux OS, because it is not detecting the disks using Intel(R) Controller RS2WC040.

I will go ahead and investigate this issue; I will get back to you as soon as possible with new information.

I want to confirm that this is not a compatibility issue.

Best regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Orso,

The issue what you are experiencing seems to be that the RAID controller is missing the driver to use with this Linux distribution.

I checked the Product Specifications for this Intel(R) RAID Controller, and seems like there is no driver to use with this Linux version. You can confirm this https://ark.intel.com/products/43165/Intel-RAID-Controller-RS2WC040 here.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Orso,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Orso,

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
omann
Beginner

There is no driver, so ...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Orso,

Thank you for your update.

Based on you information, I will proceed in closing this case.

Thank you for choosing Intel(R).

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos