Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Difference between ARK and other SKU directory for processors

jdglick
Beginner

Hi, 

I am trying to figure out the difference between two different databases on Intel's website.  

There is this one:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/processors.html

And this one:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html#@Processors

The data doesn't appear to be the same.  Wondering what the intent is between these two different listings? What should I expect to see in the first vs. the second one?

Thanks!

jdglick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, jdglick.

Thank you very much for your time while we were looking for this information.

I contacted the team in charge of the specifications site, and they confirmed the following.

Some processors are flagged as “off roadmap” by the Intel groups who manage those products for different reasons. Off roadmap products that are published to ARK are not included in collection pages on the ARK site or on Intel.com, but the product specifications page can be found in ARK when you search for it directly, exactly as in the case of the Intel® Xeon® D-1581 you shared.

In the past, many off roadmap products would not be published to ARK at all, and now flagging some of them "off roadmap" helps customers who may own or at least know about these products to look up specifications, while also keeping them hidden from site navigation and the general public since they are not widely available, and some SKUs are actively marketed while others are not.

Please fell free to also submit any type of feedback or ARK functionality questions to the team in charge using the "Give Feedback" button at the bottom of the page.

If I can help you with anything else, just let me know, and I will follow up on May 5th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello jdglick,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Product Specifications website (Ark) provides specifications about all of our products, and you also have the option to use the advance search feature, which allows you to filter products by their specifications and technologies.

This link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/processors.html is the Products' page from the main Intel.com website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html), where you can access the product specifications as well, but Ark was created specifically for that purpose.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

jdglick
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will take this information in order to research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello jdglick,

Since you are inquiring about a Xeon processor, we will move your question to the correct sub forum, the team in charge will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Steven G.

BrusC_Intel

Hello, jdglick.

Thank you for the information and additional details.

Please allow me to review this and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce c.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, jdglick.

Thank you very much for your time while we were looking for this information.

I contacted the team in charge of the specifications site, and they confirmed the following.

Some processors are flagged as “off roadmap” by the Intel groups who manage those products for different reasons. Off roadmap products that are published to ARK are not included in collection pages on the ARK site or on Intel.com, but the product specifications page can be found in ARK when you search for it directly, exactly as in the case of the Intel® Xeon® D-1581 you shared.

In the past, many off roadmap products would not be published to ARK at all, and now flagging some of them "off roadmap" helps customers who may own or at least know about these products to look up specifications, while also keeping them hidden from site navigation and the general public since they are not widely available, and some SKUs are actively marketed while others are not.

Please fell free to also submit any type of feedback or ARK functionality questions to the team in charge using the "Give Feedback" button at the bottom of the page.

If I can help you with anything else, just let me know, and I will follow up on May 5th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @jdglick.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if we can help you with anything else.

The thread will be closed on May 9th, but you can let me know if additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, jdglick.

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously shared some details on why some processors are not listed along their families, but are still on the database if we look for them separately.

The thread will be closed and no longer monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos