Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

DirectPDMapping

idata
Employee

I looked at the CMDTool2 manual for the RMT3CB080 Raid controller and found the syntax to change the DirectPDMapping setting, default is off. Every time I issue the command to turn it on I get an exit code 0x1. On LSI controllers I have successfully done this in EFI. I tried MegaCLI, StorCLI and CmdTool2 in EFI and DOS, no luck. In the StorCLi utility it replies that the directpdmapping failed for set cmd Error code 3. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi!

I'll be checking into the situation you indicate here.

Once I have an update, I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi!

After further investigating here, we confirm that

While the DirectPdMapping command is not available in UEFI when using CmdTool2 (see the "UEFI Command Line" section on page 7 of the Command Line Tool 2 User Guide http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-031604.htm here), the same works when using Storcli; the correct command syntax is storcli /c0 set directpdmapping =on, however:

Thank you for the implied feedback on this document typo, as the same had a missing a space.

idata
Employee

I still cannot make it work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Are there permissions that need to be set first on the RAID module to allow me to set this parameter?

Scott

0 Kudos
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

There are none. You may want to try with cmdtool2 within DOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Still not working even in DOS. There has to be something more...

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Could you please confirm the firmware version for the RAID controller? If needed, make sure it is updated to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24663/ir3-2208-ROC-Hardware-RAID-Firmware-Flash-Update version 23.32.0-0017. If this situation persists, I would recommend contacting our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support team for proper follow up of your case.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

DOS? Did you try the EFI tool?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Salem,

I tried both dos and efi to set the properties of this adapter. I issued the reset factory defaults command in both the RADI gui and the –appfacdefset in dos. Still getting the same message, failed to set data on adapter 0. Tried both utilities cmdtool2 and storcli to issue commands, no success. I have another module to test, but I am guessing it will do the same thing. I will post the results. I have attached a pic of the sticker you were asking about.

Scott

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A second controller is showing the same behavior issuing the directpdmapping in DOS and EFI. All firmware and server board bios are current. Even separately flashed the BMC when I installed a RMM4 module. I have tried unhooking the backplane, same result. There has to be a reason I am locked out from setting this parameter. Did your research dept have a battery backup attached to the module? I do not.

Scott

0 Kudos
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi!

Thank you for the further details.

If you tried with another Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMT3CB080 at no avail, please, know the situation will go under further investigation. Once we have

further suggestions, we will you posted.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did we find a solution for this issue from our guys at Intel?

0 Kudos