Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Do I need any raid module two configure 2-SATA Raids (1st RAID-1, 2nd RAID-5) with a INTEL Server Barebone R2208WFTZS?

MKoeh
Beginner

If I need a module could You give me the part number

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello MKoeh, Thank you for joining the community. It is not necessary to have a RAID PCI card or module in order to have RAID volumes in this server but you could implement it if you are looking for better performance. This server comes with some embedded RAID options that will allow you to have multiple fully functional RAID levels and volumes. Specifically for SATA drives you could enable either Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (RSTe) or Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (ESRT2). Just keep into consideration that when using ESRT2 you will need an extra RAID key in order to be able to set a RAID 5 volume. The RAID key part number is RKSATA4R5. For details about how to configure any of these RAID options please go to section 6.3.6.1 of the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600WF_TPS.pdf Hope this helps Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello MKoeh, Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 48 hours if no activity is received. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello MKoeh, We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MKoeh
Beginner
Thank you, yes you can mark this thread as resolved Regards Martin
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello MKoeh, Thanks for the feedback. We will proceed now. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos