Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Drivers for Intel Q43/45 Chipset and Windows 2000 Server

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

I've been traversing the community looking for an answer and haven't been able to find a solution so I thought I'd post my issue. I'm trying to emulate an older system that runs on Windows 2000 Server on a newer desktop with the Intel Q43/45 Express Chipset. Currently, the only graphics dll that's operating on my system is the vga.dll library. This limits me to running 16 colors and I'd like to be able to run 16-bit colors. Within the driver download center, I can't find any compatible drivers that work with both my chipset and Windows 2000 Server.I tried using the drivers for the Q35 chipset hoping for some compatibility but that didn't seem to work. I also tried some drivers that work my chipset but only with XP and newer operating systems and that didn't work either.

Does anyone know where I can find drivers that would work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Please take a look at this article,, it will apply to Windows 2000 Server as well.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-014755.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-014755.htm

idata
Employee

Thanks, Robert_U. That was really helpful. As a follow-up question, can I integrate the listed graphics controllers with my Intel chipset to get the desired graphics capabilities or would I need to get a new desktop altogether?

Thanks again!

Darsh

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

I am not sure of how your motherboard is configured but if it has a PCIE expansion slot you should be able to use any third party graphics adapter you choose.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I checked my box and I do have a PCIe x16 slot. With all the trouble I've had trying to find drivers for my current chipset that are compatible with Windows Server 2000, I'm weary of buying a random third party graphics cards that will be compatible with the OS. Are you telling me that it's pretty much irrelevant what graphics card I get and that it'll give me 16-bit color for Windows Server 2000 no matter what?

Thanks for your help again!

0 Kudos