Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Dual-Link settings for RES2SV240

JCran1
Beginner

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to enable dual-link (or link aggregation) for this expander. I'm using it in tandem with a LSI 9265-8i. I have one connection going from the 9265 to the expander on ports 0-3 and the other on ports 4-8.

the document http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/e93121003_res2sv240_hwug.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/e93121003_res2sv240_hwug.pdf does not specify how to enable dual link for expanded bandwidth. the LSI manager only shows connectivity on ports 0-3

any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

jjcrandall,

You can think of the RES2SV240 as an expander backplane in the form of an adapter card. The RES2SV240 only uses the PCI Express* connector for power (with only power pins connected). You can choose not to plug it in if you supply power from its RA 4-pin power connector.

The RES2SV240 doesn't have any configuration. Either 4 inputs and 20 outputs, or 8 inputs and 16 outputs.

The connected RAID controller configuration utility will be the extent of RAID "system-wide" configuration.

The LSI 9265-8i has been tested with the RES2SV240 so it should work in the 8 inputs and 16 outputs mode, if that's what you're looking for.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

jjcrandall,

You can think of the RES2SV240 as an expander backplane in the form of an adapter card. The RES2SV240 only uses the PCI Express* connector for power (with only power pins connected). You can choose not to plug it in if you supply power from its RA 4-pin power connector.

The RES2SV240 doesn't have any configuration. Either 4 inputs and 20 outputs, or 8 inputs and 16 outputs.

The connected RAID controller configuration utility will be the extent of RAID "system-wide" configuration.

The LSI 9265-8i has been tested with the RES2SV240 so it should work in the 8 inputs and 16 outputs mode, if that's what you're looking for.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
JCran1
Beginner

Thanks John,

The MegaRaid software only seems to show a connection to the expander using port 0-3. I've heard with the HP raid expander that the last two SFF-8087 ports. I was curious if the intel card had the same restriction.

Thanks again for the info,

Joe

0 Kudos