cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Dual-Link settings for RES2SV240

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to enable dual-link (or link aggregation) for this expander. I'm using it in tandem with a LSI 9265-8i. I have one connection going from the 9265 to the expander on ports 0-3 and the other on ports 4-8.

the document http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/e93121003_res2sv240_hwug.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/e93121003_res2sv240_hwug.pdf does not specify how to enable dual link for expanded bandwidth. the LSI manager only shows connectivity on ports 0-3

any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Dual-Link settings for RES2SV240

Jump to solution

jjcrandall,

You can think of the RES2SV240 as an expander backplane in the form of an adapter card. The RES2SV240 only uses the PCI Express* connector for power (with only power pins connected). You can choose not to plug it in if you supply power from its RA 4-pin power connector.

The RES2SV240 doesn't have any configuration. Either 4 inputs and 20 outputs, or 8 inputs and 16 outputs.

The connected RAID controller configuration utility will be the extent of RAID "system-wide" configuration.

The LSI 9265-8i has been tested with the RES2SV240 so it should work in the 8 inputs and 16 outputs mode, if that's what you're looking for.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Jump to solution

jjcrandall,

You can think of the RES2SV240 as an expander backplane in the form of an adapter card. The RES2SV240 only uses the PCI Express* connector for power (with only power pins connected). You can choose not to plug it in if you supply power from its RA 4-pin power connector.

The RES2SV240 doesn't have any configuration. Either 4 inputs and 20 outputs, or 8 inputs and 16 outputs.

The connected RAID controller configuration utility will be the extent of RAID "system-wide" configuration.

The LSI 9265-8i has been tested with the RES2SV240 so it should work in the 8 inputs and 16 outputs mode, if that's what you're looking for.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

Thanks John,

The MegaRaid software only seems to show a connection to the expander using port 0-3. I've heard with the HP raid expander that the last two SFF-8087 ports. I was curious if the intel card had the same restriction.

Thanks again for the info,

Joe

0 Kudos