Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4329 Discussions

Expand SATA Port SE7520BD2

idata
Community Manager

Dear All,

I would like to share the xperience with anybody in here for the server motherboard SE7520BD2, how can i expand more SATA port and currently the board is only have 2 SATA port ? What brand of device and its compatible with Linux OS

Please advice and thank you so much

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Check the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/cs-013538.htm Tested hardware and operating system List. The problem is, this board has been EOL'd for a long time, so the adapters on the list are most likely EOL'd also...

idata
Community Manager

Dear Edward,

Thanks for answering, based on the list, i can use one of them is FasTrak S150 TX4, but before i move forward, let me ask something because this is my first time experience using SATA card, let say i plug the SATA card on my motherboard, still can i use the onboard SATA/IDE port ? And how about the perfomance of the SATA card ? Is it same as onboard SATA port ?

TQ so much

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes you can still use the onboard SATA ports with the add-in SATA card. I believe the SATA ports on FasTrak S150 TX4 are 150MB/s. As for actual performance, better check with Promise.