Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Expand SATA Port SE7520BD2

idata
Employee

Dear All,

I would like to share the xperience with anybody in here for the server motherboard SE7520BD2, how can i expand more SATA port and currently the board is only have 2 SATA port ? What brand of device and its compatible with Linux OS

Please advice and thank you so much

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Check the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/cs-013538.htm Tested hardware and operating system List. The problem is, this board has been EOL'd for a long time, so the adapters on the list are most likely EOL'd also...

idata
Employee

Dear Edward,

Thanks for answering, based on the list, i can use one of them is FasTrak S150 TX4, but before i move forward, let me ask something because this is my first time experience using SATA card, let say i plug the SATA card on my motherboard, still can i use the onboard SATA/IDE port ? And how about the perfomance of the SATA card ? Is it same as onboard SATA port ?

TQ so much

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes you can still use the onboard SATA ports with the add-in SATA card. I believe the SATA ports on FasTrak S150 TX4 are 150MB/s. As for actual performance, better check with Promise.

0 Kudos