Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Extract 1 processor from 2 processors system

idata
Employee

Good day. I have a server R1304GZ4GC with 2 processors. If i want to extract one of them what will i have to do except extraction, of course. After i'd done this coolers started to fan with maximum speed. Do i need to change BIOS options, turn off some functions? Or maybe replace RAM?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Make sure to remove the processor located on CPU socket # 2. Remove all memory from that processor bank as well. Regarding BIOS settings, there are no changes required at a BIOS level. To control the fans run a firmware update to the latest version, once the "SDR" is updated the sensors on the fans should re-detect the hardware again and go back to normal speed unless there is a hardware failure on a different component:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26278/Intel-Server-Board-S2600GZ-GL-Firmware-Update-Package-for-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-EFI- Intel® Server Board S2600GZ/GL Firmware Update Package for Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Make sure to remove the processor located on CPU socket # 2. Remove all memory from that processor bank as well. Regarding BIOS settings, there are no changes required at a BIOS level. To control the fans run a firmware update to the latest version, once the "SDR" is updated the sensors on the fans should re-detect the hardware again and go back to normal speed unless there is a hardware failure on a different component:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26278/Intel-Server-Board-S2600GZ-GL-Firmware-Update-Package-for-Extensible-Firmware-Interface-EFI- Intel® Server Board S2600GZ/GL Firmware Update Package for Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI)

0 Kudos