Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4751 Discussions

Factory Reset Intel integrated BMC Web Console without Browser GUI / Product S2600GL

NTsch
Beginner

Hello,

hope you can help me out with this.

We tried to replace the default SSL Certificate and the private Key, but something went wrong.

Since that day the BMC Web Console is not reachable via webbrowser anymore , so here is my question can we somehow make a factory reset?

We have other Webconsoles with the same produkt so here are some details:

Type: Rack Mount Chassis

Part/Model Number: 105-000-315-01

Serial Number: FC6CH160600238

Manufacturing Date : 2015-08-03 07:18

Manufacturer : Intel Corporation

Product Name : S2600GL

Serial Number: QSGR53100154

Part/Model Number : G29051-355

FRU File ID : FRU Ver 0.01

Manufacturer : Intel Corporation

Name : S2600GL

Part/Model Number : 100-200-312-03

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Nico, Try downloading and installing to a usb key our System Configuration Utility from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28713/Save-and-Restore-System-Configuration-Utility-SYSCFG- The user guide can be useful: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023060/server-products.html Basically you have to use the syscfg utility with the /rbmc argument to reset BMC. Let us know how it goes. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NTsch
Beginner

Hi Franklin,

thanks for your fast reply, I try to follow the instructions, but I have some problems now.

It seems to execute the command, but it also show a warning.

[cid:

image001.png@01D51184.EDEE7280

]

At the end the webconsole is still not reachable

[cid:

image005.jpg@01D51185.33E49A80

]

0 Kudos
NTsch
Beginner

Find a way to install the driver, now it’s without warnings but web console still not reachable.

Just one question if I use these command are the bios setting for IP address also reset?

[cid:

image002.png@01D51189.88726DD0

]

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Nico, For some reason the images you mentioned are not being displayed. Could you please share them again? Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NTsch
Beginner
Good Morning Franklin, I put the screenshot at the attachments. I could activate the ipmi driver and now it show no error messages anymore. (see Reset Successful.jpg) And reset seems to be successful, but I’m still not able to reach the site with browser like before. (see error.browser.jpg) And all because we try to upload our own certificate and private key. ☹
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Nico, What seems to be the links to your attachments and showing up as mailto links for some reason. Would it be possible for you to upload those images to some sort of cloud storage and share with us the links to reach them? Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NTsch
Beginner

Hey Franklin,

don’t have any public storage or it will be blocked by my company proxy server.

So I send you an E-Mail from my private Mail address

exor83@gmx.de<mailto:exor83@gmx.de

>, screenshots are attached as a zip file.

0 Kudos