Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4783 Discussions

Fan control on Xeon Phi 5110P with active cooler

DMWhite
Beginner

Hi, I have a 5110P with the active cooling solution from a 3120A installed on it so I can run it in a desktop workstation, however the fan constantly runs at full speed and thus is exceptionally loud, and I can't find anything in the SMC to control the PWM for the fan. The board still has the header for an active cooling fan and the two types of cooling solution seem to be completely interchangable with one another but I can't find any way to control the fan through software.

Is there any way to control the fan speed? I'd really appreciate it if there was a simple way to do it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoseH_Intel

Hello DWhit56,

Thank you for joining the community

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

The following are the Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Processors

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos