Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Fanless power supply

GBatt
Beginner

Goodmorning everyone.

I have a card S5520GC which is housed inside a case SC5650DP .

I use the server as a workstation . My problem is that the fan supply is quite noisy , it was also new and now is getting worse .

I want to buy a new power supply , possibly fanless , can anyone suggest me what to buy ?

I do not have any extra power module , I have six hard drives and a video card , I just need a 600W power supply , I would just be sure you have all the cables needed to feed two processors , the board , the fans and hard drives .

I await your advice thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AChan85
New Contributor I

You need a PS with the proper size. If you buy a 3rd party PS, make sure the size is correct.

0 Kudos
GBatt
Beginner

thanx for the reply,

I wrote just because someone advise me what to buy , I would like a fanless psu or a low noise . Aside from the size , you know what I buy ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

To address noisy fan issues we normally recommend updating the firmware on the server system to the latest version available. That will update the sensors on the board and correct the behavior in most of the cases.

We also recommend checking the Technical Product Specification for the chassis to confirm the power supply requirements if you are looking to purchase a third party:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/chassis/sc5650/sb/CS-030239.htm Intel® Server Chassis SC5650 Family — Technical Product Specification

0 Kudos
GBatt
Beginner

Thanks for the reply . I read all the possible solutions on the forum and manuals and I updated everything. The problem is that the fan used by the manufacturer is also noisy from new , I wanted to replace only that but it has a higher amperage and do not find compatible silent fans . So I decided to replace the entire power supply with a compatible but fanless . thanks for the reply but I was no help

0 Kudos