Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Feature Request: Automated deployment via RMM4

ANils1
Beginner

The RMM4 is a very capable service processor, which already can be used for deploying OS images onto a server via a virtual CD-ROM from an .ISO image.

However, I would like to raise this feature to the next level by enabling PXE-like automated deployment via the RMM4 as well.

What I basically would like is to be able to auto-configure and deploy the server purely from the management network. PXE requires additional configuration of a production network port, and for high density servers like the H2000 series this is wasteful.

Could any of the existing deployment tools be used for this purpose already?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Yours is a good feedback. While I can pass it over for future implementation consideration, currently, I comment PXE boot through an onboard NIC port is still recommended as alternative way of installing an Operating System.

Should you wonder, you can find the Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (Intel® RMM4) and Integrated BMC user guide here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032371.htm?wapkw=rmm4 Server Products — Intel® Remote Management Module 4 (Intel® RMM4) and Integrated BMC user guide

0 Kudos
ANils1
Beginner

Salem,

Could you please forward the feature request?

Thanks for your documentation links.

Asgeir

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

We have forwarded your suggestion to the proper parties for consideration; we hope we can have this feature in the future.

Here at Intel, your suggestions are always welcome as it allows us to thrive and grow.

0 Kudos