Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Firmwareupdate Modular Server - Computing Module not updating

idata
Employee

Hello,

i have a Intel Modular Server MFSYS25V2 Chassis with 2 MFS5520VI Computing Modules.

i started a firmware-update from 10.3 to 10.4. the Chassis update worked well, but the updates of the Computing Modules are not working.

When i start the CI, the the EFI-Loader starts up, it displays the error:

fs0:\BSC_SLOT_SCRIPT.nsh Not found

then: Begin download ....

Polling, please wait

Timeout happen!

What can i do to update the CI ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I have still have the problem. I rebooted the chassis, the CI, i reset the CI BIOS, i'd pulled and pushed the CI... i think next week i'll change the CF-Card of the chassis.

another Question: Why has Firmware 10.8 been removed? i have several IMS upgraded to 10.8 because to fix the issue with the lost switch configuration, and now the "10.8 firmware is not available due to reported customer issues"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your reply, the Firmwareupdate is for IMS with an active Intel Virtualization Manager, but "my" IMS don't has this option enabled....

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

UFU 11.6 includes Intel Virtualization Manager, but you still can use it witnout activating this feature.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you don't want to change the firmware version of the modular server you can use the BIOS recovery method to install the BIOS version you need which should get you past that problem. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032092.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-032092.htm

Edit: Didn't work for me as the BIOS revisions are not quite the same e.g. S5500.86B.01.00.0050.050720100928 (UFU) vs. S5500.86B.01.00.0050.050620101605 (Recovery). So the update still wants to run (and fails).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Update: I had another go at this. I had a look at the UFU file contents and discovered that the OEM.zip file contains the correct BIOS version. So I extracted the VI_R0050.cap file dropped it in the BIOS recovery folder and renamed it to R0050Rec.cap and repeated the recovery procedure. This updated to the correct BIOS version and the compute module now shows correctly.

Password for the OEM.zip is: OEM_InterF@ceCus+omizati0n (Found in the Intel® Modular Server Control OEM Branding document).

0 Kudos