Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

HDD provides overheating information to RAID controller, but unable to locate it.

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

We have again the situation when one drive provides wrong overheating information to RAID controller. In TTY logs it is PD4, but actually there is no such PD4 and all numeration starts from PD5. Seems like this drive re-indexed somehow. How to detect correct drive?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel Server Community.

I was reviewing the logs and I found the following details:

• 09/30/19 8:57:42: C0:EVT#35033-09/30/19 8:57:42: 180=Enclosure PD 04(c Port 0 - 3/p1) temperature sensor 1 above error threshold
  • 09/30/19 8:59:42: C0:EVT#35034-09/30/19 8:59:42: 233=Enclosure PD 04(c Port 0 - 3/p1) temperature sensor 1 returned to normal

Have you noticed a degradation in the performance of the RAID?

Have you change something recently? or apply a specific update?

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hi,

No, seems like all works fine and all arrays are in normal state. We had similar problem with one server also and changed everything, but problem didn't disappear. And only after changing PD4(Slot4) gave a result and all started to work normally.

This problem was published here in Server Forum also.

We will try to change Slot4 SSD. I attached screenshot of PD tree in RWC2.

I believe it is correct?

Sergei

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Ok, understood.

Let me take a deep look at this scenario in order to find the root cause of the issue.

I will verify if we have been facing the same issue in the past and try to provide you the most accurate solution on this.

Meanwhile, please perform the change on the Slot4 SSD and let me know if you notice an update. I will be waiting for your outcome.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

OK,

We will try to change it and inform about result.

As additional information, take a look at topic in here in SERVER section I posted and solved with the same issue.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y3zSAE/rs3dc040-overheating-warnings-again?language=en_US

There was identical issue and HDD swap solved this issue.

Sergei

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello,

Ok, please let us know the outcome of the HDD Swap Process in order to see if it will fix the issue.

Also, I would like to provide you some recommendations:

• If you have the possibility to update the RWC from version 2 to version 3.

RWC3 is fully compatible with RS3DC080. This is because the RWC2 has been removed and is no longer supported:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00246.html

• In regards to his issue, please provide us the complete RAID log and it has more details than TTY log:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007072/server-products.html

• You should use StorCLI for this, and execute the following command: storcli /call show AliLog logfile=raidlog.txt

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28693/StorCLI-Standalone-Utility

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello,

I would like to know if you still need help on this thread?

If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

At the moment SSD is changed and we are waiting for feedback from end customer. If any problems appear, I will inform yu

Sergei

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

Thank you, I will be waiting for the information.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi,

I would like to know if you have any update?

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Yes,

SSD was changed and seems like it solved the issue. Still no feedback from customer.

If any issue appear I will let you know. But seems like all good now.

Sergei

0 Kudos