Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Hard Drive takes a wandering journey. Can it come home?

idata
Community Manager

System consists of

Windows XP sp2

4 SATA HD sorted into 2 HD using RAID 5 ( I used the second drive( 2 actual drives in a Raid 5 config) for media storage.

This actually the second time since I started using Raid 5 one year ago. The first time the second drive reported a failure not missing and I was able to back up before it failed.

Right now in Window it is reporting a missing drive in Array 001, I guess this should be Port 5.

Under that it states a new entry, Non-Raid Hard Drives and it is showing a Port 5 and an ID number.

So it appears the Hard drive is alive and well. Can it be added back to its former Raid Home? I don't have a back up and really can't stand to lose this media.

Is this an indication of me doing something wrong or am I just having bad luck with hard drives?

If you're wondering why I use Raid 5, it came with my motherboard and I thought it would be faster. I edit video on this machine and from what I could detect Raid 5 was the best bet, I'm not so sure now.

0 Kudos
0 Replies