Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

Hello! Can i install GTX 980Ti in chassis P4304XXMUXX ?! MB S2600CW2R, Card length 30.5 cm. Thanks.

idata
Employee

Hello! Can i install GTX 980Ti in chassis P4304XXMUXX ?! MB S2600CW2R, Card length 30.5 cm. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

After reviewing the specifications of the products you want to integrate all together, I found that video card requires PCIe 3.0 x16 and the Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R supports that.

I would like to share with you the following documentation that will help you better with your Intel products.

Technical Product Specification: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_TPS_R2_2.pdf Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R
  • Table 1. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R Feature Set. Add-inCard Slots [page 3]
    • Support up to six expansion slots
      • From PCH:
        • Slot 1: PCIe Gen II x4
      • From the first processor:
        • Slot 5: PCIe Gen III x16 connector. Electrical x16 for S2600CW2R or S2600CWTR, electrical x8 for S2600CW2SR or S2600CWTSR
        • Slot 6: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
      • From the second processor:
        • Slot 2: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
        • Slot 3: PCIe Gen III x8 electrical with x8 physical connector
        • Slot 4: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
  • Figure 11. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R/S2600CWTR Functional Block Diagram [page 15]
Note:

1. Both CPU power connectors need to be connected in order for all the PCIe slots to work even only one CPU is installed.

2. While PCIe slot 5 is also an x16 connector, only 3 x16 PCIe slots on the board can support up to 75W slot power at a time. This is a configuration limitation based on the System Power budget. When used as riser slot, slot 6 can each provide up to 75W power to the riser.

The server board supports up to three full length full height double-width PCIe cards on slot 2, slot 4, and slot 6. Standard PCIe slots can provide up to 25W power. PCIe slot 2, 4, and 6 can provide up to 75W power. The higher power requirement needs direct power cables from power supplies.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

After reviewing the specifications of the products you want to integrate all together, I found that video card requires PCIe 3.0 x16 and the Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R supports that.

I would like to share with you the following documentation that will help you better with your Intel products.

Technical Product Specification: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600CW_TPS_R2_2.pdf Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R
  • Table 1. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R Feature Set. Add-inCard Slots [page 3]
    • Support up to six expansion slots
      • From PCH:
        • Slot 1: PCIe Gen II x4
      • From the first processor:
        • Slot 5: PCIe Gen III x16 connector. Electrical x16 for S2600CW2R or S2600CWTR, electrical x8 for S2600CW2SR or S2600CWTSR
        • Slot 6: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
      • From the second processor:
        • Slot 2: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
        • Slot 3: PCIe Gen III x8 electrical with x8 physical connector
        • Slot 4: PCIe Gen III x16 electrical with x16 physical connector
  • Figure 11. Intel® Server Board S2600CW2R/S2600CWTR Functional Block Diagram [page 15]
Note:

1. Both CPU power connectors need to be connected in order for all the PCIe slots to work even only one CPU is installed.

2. While PCIe slot 5 is also an x16 connector, only 3 x16 PCIe slots on the board can support up to 75W slot power at a time. This is a configuration limitation based on the System Power budget. When used as riser slot, slot 6 can each provide up to 75W power to the riser.

The server board supports up to three full length full height double-width PCIe cards on slot 2, slot 4, and slot 6. Standard PCIe slots can provide up to 25W power. PCIe slot 2, 4, and 6 can provide up to 75W power. The higher power requirement needs direct power cables from power supplies.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel

0 Kudos