Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Hi, Before I've my owm question , hope the virus "COVID19" should pass. Here are my two question:

visirs
Novice

1.I got a single HNS7200ap compute node and KNM 7255 CPU😀 ,but without H2000G chassis ,I have no idea to boot it rightly.I want use it for my Ele-Mag Field(need powerful vector computing ability) research.

2.Can a Xeon Phi 7255 support virtualization(vt-x,vt-d) on the S7200ap mother board?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

Thank you for joining the community

1. The HNS7200AP compute node requires the H2000G chassis in order to get power. Both redundant power supplies are connected to the chassis. There is no easy way to provide power to a HNS7200AP compute node

2. The Intel Xeon Phi 7255 supports both Vt-d and Vt-x according to ark website

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
Hi, I'm really glad to hear your reply.And thank you for that. From the PDF document of s7200ap motherboard,I found that it support intel crps power supply standard.So I got a crps power and want use it to boot the board.I checked bridge board 2*40pin defind and found the 3.3V standby input ,the 5V standby input and other these PMBus pin's define.If I connect those pin which about the PMBus on a CRPS PowetSupply,but don't cared like SATA Controler pin,Can I boot it? If it's can not be execute,I think the PSU Controler on the motherboard perhaps can help? I'm truly waiting for your professional answer. with regards, Visirs The other: I send the pins define photo in the second email,for your review.------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
photo1:the 2*40pin bridge board pin's define. photo2:the Intel CRPS power supply 2*25 pin define. ---Original---
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

What you describe probably can be done but it is not recommended as it might damage both the board and the processor. You can go ahead at your own risk. Just take into consideration that no warranty will cover a damage cause by such rehearsal

PS. No images got attached

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello, visirs,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions, or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received. 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
Hi,Joka thanks for your answer,I have no other questions. with regard Visirs------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello, visirs,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
Hi,Joka, Could you tell me that what the PS AUX(PSU Control) adapter's pins define? with regard, Visirs------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello, visirs,

Could you please point to the exact page, or table number or even attach an image where you are looking this PS AUX (PSU Control) adapter pin?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
Hi,joka, The photo of adapter I had send it to you. And you can find another questions in the forums of my post. with regard Visirs------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

Unfortunately looks like the images were never attached on April 19 post. Could you please reattach them?

About the other forum it could be merged into this same one if you want. If not we can leave them separated

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

From the Technical Product Specifications document I cannot see any jumpers with such numbering. Could you please forward the document where you are looking or an image from a board in such case?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
visirs
Novice
Hi,Jose, You can find those two(ALL NODE OFF,install ifno 12V stby)jumpers in this picture. with regard Visirs------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

Unfortunately the images never attaches. If the info you are looking for is not listed in the Technical Product Specifications document for the board or for the chassis then its difficult to know what they are for. Sometimes these jumpers are reserved for engineering purposes and the information is confidential.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello visirs,

After doing a final review of this thread we want to you to check the Technical Product Specification document, in Section 6.1, Table 17.

That section shows the pinout for the two power input connectors.

That is an 8pin main power connector (2x4) and a 4pin (2x2)

The PSU signal connector is the I2C header for BMC communication (not required).

This information is publicly available but remember that the main chassis is required for properly power on these nodes. Other methods, even if successful, are considered not supported.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos