Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Hi, I have a Supermicro Server with 8 hard disks. on BIOS i can see all them under SATA and sSATA.When I open the Intel Raid Utility on the server i can only see 2 of the 8 hard disks.

GBabb
Beginner

I would like to create raid 1 with 2 of the hard disks and raid 5 with the rest. Can someone please help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello GBabb,

Thank you for joining the community

Could you tell if you have a PCI Intel RAID Controller? When you say the RAID Utility do you mean the ESRT2 or RSTe BIOS or any RAID management software like Intel RAID Web Console?

Will look forward for your updates.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello GBabb,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
GBabb
Beginner
Hi Jose, I have been able to view the disks on the first screen(which I think is on controller A) first four bays(Screenshot1) and on the second screen (which I think is on controller B) the 6 disks on the 6 bays(Screenshot2). What I want to achieve is to reset the bays on the controllers. i.e on the first controller I want only 2 bays to be associated with it and on the second I want the 8 bays to be associated with it. I think that there is a RAID utility which can do this. Can you please advise. I have tried the below scenarios but nothing helped :( [cid:image001.jpg@01D5A6A5.913FA660] [cid:image007.jpg@01D5A6A5.913FA660] [cid:image009.jpg@01D5A6A5.913FA660] I have never seen the message “Please wait, invoking LSI Logic Configuration Utility” while the server is booting. Kind regards, Gyanesh Babboo Junior IT Engineer Leal Communications & Informatics Ltd Motorway M1 – Les Pailles ☏ (230) 207 22 00 | 6 +230 286 84 06 | • gbabboo@lci.lealgroup.com<mailto:gbabboo@lci.lealgroup.com> | • www.lci.mu<http://www.lci.mu/>
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello GBabb,

I will forward this thread to the correct department since this is for the Intel software RAID on a 3rd party server board.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello GBabb,

Thank you for your patience.

To further understand your environment, we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the screenshots one more time because we were not able to open the images you attached to your previous post.

Please provide us with your system configuration including manufacturer, model and part number of all your system components and a copy of the SSU logs.

1-       Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2-       When finished downloading it, open it.

3-       Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

We will be looking forward to your reply including this information.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello GBabb,

We were reviewing your community post, which is related to the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe) in your SuperMicro* system, and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello GBabb,

We have not heard from you since your first post 11 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe). We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos