Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

How can I change the terminal escape sequence for system1/sol1 on a RMM4?

idata
Employee

2 of my RMM4 came with ^C instead of the usual ~. as the terminal escape sequence of sol1. How can I change this back?

Every helpful reply is highly appreciated.

12 Replies
idata
Employee

We understand that you received an RMM4 different that the usual. It will help us a lot if you provide us with the entire model of the system you have so we can double check what it comes with it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The base board is a S2600CWR, version H12881-261 (as reported by dmidecode).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harald Dunkel,

In an effort to better assist, can you please send us a screenshot of how the console looks like on your screen, and the model information of the RMM4 module?

As a troubleshooting option, can you please go ahead and run a firmware update on the RMM4 module. You can download the firmware from our Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ download Center.

We are looking forward for your results.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here is the screenshot:

Please note the "ctrl-c" message.

The RMModule is a "RMM4 Lite". Thats all I got from the bill.

Currently installed firmware is SE5C610.86B.01.01.0016.033120161139

Would you mind to post a pointer to the firmware update you are referring to? AFAICS there is no BIOS update for S2600CWR. The "S2600CW" page lists all kinds of boards, but no S2600CWR.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harald Dunkel,

Please try updating to the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26515/Intel-Server-Board-S2600CW-Firmware-Update-Package-for-EFI Firmware Intel® Server Board S2600CW Firmware Update Package for EFI.

Please let us know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harald Dunkel,

We are wondering if you were able to update the Firmware to the latest version and please let us know of the outcome.

Sincerely,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not yet. The next quarterly downtime is scheduled for this weekend, but its a very tight schedule with a lot of hosts on the list.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there!

Thanks for the update. I will set a follow up for next week to see if you were able to update the system after all.

Dave A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you tell me why I am not allowed to paste text into this editor window? Thats annoying.

Anyway, using the current bios version (version number not pasted here, sorry) I can use '^.' to escape from the sol session.

Thanx very much for your help

Harri

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harald Dunkel,

In order to expedite the resolution of this case, please http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support .

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harri,

Was your problem solved by using the current BIOS Version?

Best regards,

Caesar B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Harald,

It seems you were able to solve the issue by flashing the current bios version.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards
0 Kudos