Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

How to enable USB ports on an Model MFSYS25V2

RImpe
Beginner

Newbie here on Intel Modular Server, what ever help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

I know to enable USB ports on a computer or standard server I would go into BIOS when the computer/server is booting up however I am not sure how I wouild do it on the Intel Modular Server. I looked in the Help for the Intel Modular Server however I did not see anything about USB ports. There are 6 virtual servers (Windows 2003 server)on this unit and we can not afford to reboot the Intel Modular Server since this business is a 24//7/365.

Again any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Robin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RImpe
Beginner

Can anyone help me out (please)?

Thanks

Robin

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

It should be the same as other servers - press F2 during POST to enter BIOS setup, then go to Advanced => USB Configuration.

Btw, which model of compute module are you using?

0 Kudos
RImpe
Beginner

** CORRECTION: I can connect a monitor to the 2 SVRBT(1 and 2) however the USB keyboard is not working, with the monitor connected i could see Press F2 to change settings (or something like that) and Press F12 to shutdown/restart. Pressed F2 however nothing happened.

I am wondering if i was to reboot the unit would i be able to use the Keyboard since it is a USB one.

Thanks Edward for replying.

The issue I have is:

The Model MFSYS25V2 has SVRBT1 and SVRBT2 where I can connect the monitor, mouse and Keyboard (M/K/M) in however when I connect the monitor in either of the montior ports on the front chassis, nothing comes up on the screen. I am assuming that is where I would connect the M/K/M.

I can not reboot this unit since we are a 24/7/365 business and having it down trying to figure out how to enable the USB ports. is there a way that I can enable the USB ports through the Modular Server Control webpage?

compute module is MFS5520VI

thanks again.

Robin

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

How about remote KVM through CMM, is it working?

If you have accidentally disabled USB controller in BIOS, you may need to clear the CMOS using the CMOS clear jumper (J9A4).

0 Kudos
RImpe
Beginner

When I click on Remote KVM on one of the servers I get a blank box, nothing appears in the box. when I click on remote kvm for the other server nothing happens at all. I do not get a box.

A consulting company came in a couple years back and set up the Intel Model MFSYS25V2. I have no idea what they did,and they are not returning calls when i call them to ask what they did. I came on board here in Jan 2013 and I am trying to cleanup some things. I have never worked with this unit, for that matter I have never worked with virtual servers. any help would be greatly appreciate.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

When you say "virtual servers", what exactly do you mean? Is it running virtualization?

As for remote KVM, which browser are you using, and do you have latest JAVA installed?

0 Kudos
RImpe
Beginner

We are using the Intel Model MFSYS25V2 with VMWare running on it and there are 6 servers.

I was using IE 9 when I was not getting anything in the box when I tried the remote KVM. however I just tried Chrome and I was able to apply the settings and i am now in KVM.

I did not think to try a different browser....

0 Kudos