Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

How to reset MFSYS25 switches to factory defaults?

JS7
Beginner

Is there a method to reset the switches inside of an MFSYS25 back to factory defaults such that all customized settings are cleared out?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SMila2
Beginner

Yes. Turn off the IMS, take out the switch module, remove top and on the motherboard you will find the small switch. Press it, close it, put it back. It will flash switch on factory defaults.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

You should be able to perform this through the Modular Server Control. For this we need to do the following:

• Go to Chassis Back and then select the Switch you would like to reset.

• Then, click Reset and check the option "Reset switch to factory defaults?" type "CONFIRM" and apply the settings.

0 Kudos
JS7
Beginner

David,

I'm betting in MFSYS25 the reset to factory defaults form the GUI didn't exist? This unit is running firmware 6.8.

0 Kudos
JS7
Beginner

I tried the tip of pushing the button on the board of the switch, but after re-inserting and powering the system back up, all settings on the switch were retained. I presume the button you're talking about is the one shown in this pic?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SMila2
Beginner

Yes, I tought on that button. I'm sorry if it doesn't work, I tried that once, few years ago.

I was sure it would reset module on default.

Sorry once again.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Let me look into this.

The screenshots that I posted earlier were based on firmware version 10.18. I checked our second unit based on firmware 6.10 and it did not have the option.

I also tested the reset button and it did retain the settings. I will post soon if this option is possible under 6.x based firmware.

May I ask why are you attempting to reset the switch to factory state?

0 Kudos
JS7
Beginner

I swapped in a spare switch from another unit and it has all of the settings from the previous unit. I want to clear this switch back to factory defaults so that I don't bring in any garbage from previous config.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I am still exploring options for this. I hope I can have an update soon.

0 Kudos
JS7
Beginner

Thank you for continuing to help, David.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

I already got a confirmation that there is no option to reset the switch when using the Intel® Modular Server System MFSYS25; this feature was later implemented in the Intel® Modular Server System MFSYS25V2.

There are currently no plans to implement this feature on your system.

0 Kudos