Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4327 Discussions

I accidentally converted my Raid1 to Raid0, how do I convert back

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I had two 250GB drives in a RAID1 array, I was playing around within the RST software and accidentally selected the option to migrate to a RAID0, it migrated my data over to RAID0, I have not done anything with the new partition it created. My question is how do I get back to RAID1, Can I remove the second drive from the array and then recreate the RAID1 array and then add the second drive back?

I'm in big trouble here for this foolish mistake I made...

Please let me know what can be done, I'm hoping I don't have to kill the array, recreate a new RAID1 array and then do a complete restore of my system..

Thanks, in advance..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

robdob,

It kind of depends on your ICH. See the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-020674.htm Supported RAID migrations.

DO NOT remove the second drive from the array to attempt to recreate the RAID 1 array. A single drive failure in a RAID 0 array will cause data loss.

Regards,

John