Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

I purchased a compaq 7500 computer from a garage sale and want to install audio however I am told I need to know the com BIOS. I have no way of getting this info. Is there a way to bypass this or to reset the password?

idata
Employee

I need to find out how to do this because I can't afford to purchase items to do this for me. My computer already has the audio sound card in it. It did when I got it, I had a tech. work on my puter to remove last persons info and he wiped the harddrive clean. He tells me that I can't use the audio card because we can't figure out the password.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I'm not even sure I understand the question. What does the BIOS have to do with installing an audio driver?

If you want to clear a BIOS password, you could look on Compaq's website for documentation - but that shouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with using a sound card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had a professional work on my computer and they said I would need to know the BIOs password in order to install something that isn't plug and play. I need a sound card so I can hear from my speakers

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Okay, that makes sense. To clear a BIOS passwod on a Compaq computer, you'll have to ask Compaq. I'd check their website - they should have a product manual with instructions on how to do that.

0 Kudos