Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

INTEL P4308RPLSHDR SERVER SYSTEM WITH RSBL080

KThan
Beginner

I have 2 servers like this. Issue with both is that hotspares fail on patrol reads. I narrowed it down to the fact they go from power transition to unconfigured bad state when patrol read starts. I have "worked around it" by configuring controller not to put hotspares in low power state.

On a side note I have another SERVER CHASSIS P4308XXMHGC with ITL S2400SC2 SERVER MB and RSBL040 that has no problem spinning up hotspares for patrol reads.

All 3 server use the same controller firmware and using the same model/size hard drives and operating systems. My best guess is there may be an issue with the P4308RPLSHDR backplane firmware, but I see no update to it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel

Thank you for the information. I checked our records and I could not find cases with a similar description. I have forwarded this information to the support team to be aware of this.

Feel free to contact our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support for proper follow up of this issue.

0 Kudos