Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

INTEL P4308RPLSHDR SERVER SYSTEM WITH RSBL080

KThan
Beginner

I have 2 servers like this. Issue with both is that hotspares fail on patrol reads. I narrowed it down to the fact they go from power transition to unconfigured bad state when patrol read starts. I have "worked around it" by configuring controller not to put hotspares in low power state.

On a side note I have another SERVER CHASSIS P4308XXMHGC with ITL S2400SC2 SERVER MB and RSBL040 that has no problem spinning up hotspares for patrol reads.

All 3 server use the same controller firmware and using the same model/size hard drives and operating systems. My best guess is there may be an issue with the P4308RPLSHDR backplane firmware, but I see no update to it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel

Thank you for the information. I checked our records and I could not find cases with a similar description. I have forwarded this information to the support team to be aware of this.

Feel free to contact our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel Customer Support for proper follow up of this issue.