Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

IPMIDriver and snmpsa rpm for rhel6

VNata2
Beginner

Hi,

Our product is moving from rhel 5 to rhel 6. The Mother board of the product is INTEL S5000PHB type. We need the snmp subagent rpm for rhel 6. Does it exist? Is there any other place where we can get it? We also need the ipmi driver rpm for rhel 6 x86_64. I actually downloaded the imbsrc tar from intel and tried to compile for rhel 6 i386 32 bit kernel. It compiled successfully but gives the following error while installing. I am not able to aompile in the 64 bit kernel at all as it says ioctl32.h is not present

This install does not recognize this motherboard.

You can contact your platform vendor to verify IPMI support.

conflict with OpenIPMI driver

/usr/local/ism/driver/imbload: line 47: return: -1: invalid option

return: usage: return [n]

insmod: error inserting '/usr/local/ism/driver/imb.ko': -1 Invalid module format

/bin/mknod: missing operand after `0'

Try `/bin/mknod --help' for more information.

Intel IPMI Driver installation is complete.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If I'm not wrong this board is used in the Carrier Grade Server TIGW1U. Carrier Grade Server is now supported by Kontron: http://us.kontron.com/products/systems+and+platforms/communication+rackmount+servers/carrier+grade+servers/carrier+grade+server+tigw1u.html Carrier Grade Server TIGW1U - Carrier Grade Servers - Systems & Platforms > Communication Rackmount Servers > Carrier Grade Servers > Carrier Grade Server TIGW1U | Kontron

0 Kudos
VNata2
Beginner

Hi Thanks for the reply. Can you please be more specific. Are these rpms being provided for free download by kontron?

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

If you click the link in my last reply and then click "Download", under "Drivers for Linux" you can find IPMI driver source. Though I don't know if it's tested under RHEL6. You may need to contact Kontron support if you have further questions.

0 Kudos